Born in 1966, Thrissur, Kerala.
Diploma in Fine Arts, College of Fine Arts, Thrissur, 1986.
BFA in 1992 from Kalabhavan, Shantiniketan, West Bengal.
MFA in Graphic art, Kalabhavan, Shanthiniketan, 1995.
Diploma in multimedia from C-DAC, Ahmedabad, 2001.
Awards & Scholarships
Kerala State Lalit Kala Academy award 1997-98.
Kanoria Scholarship for Print Making, 1997.
Highly recommended certificate, Govt. of West Bengal state exhibition, 1992.
Junior Fellowship, research in fiber art, 97-99, Awarded by Department of Culture, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
Cultural Scholarship (93/95) Awarded by Department of Culture, Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi.
Kalabhavan merit scholarship in 1989, 1990, 1991 1992.
Exercise 1 and 2 (soundscapes) a solo performance as part of studio 365 art residency, April,2017 Goa. India.
Performance at international open platform, invited by Theertha art residency, Colombo, 2017.
Performance at Colombo Art Biennale invited by Theertha art residency, Colombo, 2016.
Workshop and solo performance, Kolkata International Performance Festival, 2015.
Performance at National Design Yatra organized by IID Kerala chapter. ToyaToya, Calicut, Nov 2016.
Performance at Kerala Museum, in association with Pagan Foundation, The art show titled ‘Another Life is Possible’ Kochi, Oct. 2016.
Missing (seeds on the left side of the River) 30 minutes duration performance, at Site art space, Baroda, 2016.
Performance and exhibition titled “Reimagining: (Un)Reality “organized by YepArt Art, at the Hatworks Boulevard, Dec. 2016.
Performance “Missing”, Part of Baswanagudi Art project. Project 560, funded by IFA, Bangalore.
Performance and video show at Upavan Arts Festival, Thane, Mumbai, Jan. 2014.
Performance, ACT (Artist Create Together) at National Gallery of Modern Art, Bangalore, Nov, 2013.
Art residencies Participated
|2017||Colombo Open Art Platform, Theertha art residency.|
|2017||Studio 365, Goa|
|2016-17||Participated in 2nd Pula Ketam International Art Festival at Pulaketam, Malyasia.|
|2016||Theertha Art Residency, Colombo.|
|2011||India Australia Artist Retreat, Australia India institute, Melbourne University, Australia.|
|2008||Art Residency and show, Gallerie Christian Hosp,Triol, Austria.|
|2005||Artist in residency at Sandharb Art residency, Rajasthan.|
|1997-1998||Kanoria Art Centre, Ahmedabad.|
|1997||Bharat Bhavan, Bhopal.|
- “Urbanscapes” curated by Franck Barthelemy, organized by Galerie De ’Arts, 1 M G Road, Bangalore, Aug., 2014.
- “Habitus” solo show of paintings and videos at Sumukha Art Gallery, Chennai, Feb. 2010.
- “Habitus” solo show of paintings and videos at Sumukha Art Gallery, Bangalore, Jan. 2010.
- Unmarked “solo preview” at Viart Gallery, New Delhi, 2009.
- “Mise – En–Scène” solo show, Viart Gallery, New Delhi, 2007.
- National Human Rights conference at M.R.A. Centre, Panchagani, Maharashtra, 2002.
- Contemporary Art Gallery, Ahmedabad, presented by Kerala Lalithkala Academy., 2001.
Participation in Art Fair:
- Art Dubai, Mall Art Fair Dubai, 2014.
- Swab, Barcelona Art Fair, Oct., 2014.
- Art Gwangju 14, Art fair, South Korea, Aug. 2014.
- India Art Fair, Gallery Art Alive, New Delhi, 2012.
- Meet the artist, at Chicago Art Fair, 2010.
- Art Chicago Presented by PAC gallery, Cincinnati, April, 2010.
- Asia Top Gallery, Hotel Art Fair, Seoul, Presented by Exhibit 320, 2010.
- Art India Submit 2009, Presented by Viart gallery.
- SH Contemporary, Shanghai, Sep. 2008, presented by Viart, Gallery.
- India ART Submit, New Delhi, August 2008, New Delhi presented by Art Alive Gallery and Viart Gallery.
Two Persons Show
- Two Persons Show at Crimson Art Gallery, Bangalore, Nov., 2007.
- Two Persons Show at Kashi Art Gallery, Kochi, April, 2007.
- Two Persons Show at Kashi Art gallery, Kochi, March, 2003.
- Two Persons Show, Contemporary Art Gallery, Ahmedabad, 1999.
Selected Group Shows –
- Participated in 2nd Pula Ketam International Art Festival at Pulaketam, Malyasia, Dec. 2016.
- The second international Art Exhibition of the Silk Road, Shanxi Art Museum, China, 2015.
- Colombo Beiannale, 2012-2016, Srilanka.
- Resurgence 2012, VAM Art Gallery, 15 Station Place, Metuchen, NJ 08840.
- India Australia Artist Retreat .Australia India institute. Melbourne University, Australia. Nov 2011.
- “Other Anecdotes” Curated group show,06 Aug 2011 ,3521 Helms Ave. Culver City, CA 90232
- “Whisper – orality is every where “ new sound art from India, curated by Meena Vari for CRISP. London college of communication, June 21st 2011.
- “Opening Borders/Opening Objects”. curated group show, Department of Visual Arts, University of Western Ontario, May 1 to August 2011.
- A Look to the Future: group show of Indian and American artists at PAC Gallery, Cincinati, USA, April, 2010.
- “The Narrator, Protagonist & the Other” four artists group show at INDIGO Blue art Singapore, 24th Feb, 2011.
- Popular reality a curated group show, Stainless Gallery, New Delhi, Oct. and jam jar gallery, Nov., Dubai, 2008.
- The sun rises in the east, Contemporary art from India, Aug. 2008, Gallerie Christian Hosp,Triol, Austria, 2008.
- Metropolis And Self, A group show, Art Alive Gallery, August 2008, New Delhi, 2008.
- ART BEAT, The Shrine Gallery, August 2008, New Delhi.
- Group show, 1x 1 art gallery, Dubai June, 2008.
- “Engendered” group show at Lincoln centre, New York, April, 2008.
- Trends & Trivia – an Indian story, Visual Arts Centre, Kennedy Road, Hong Kong, March 2008.
- Curated Group show, Avanthay Contemporary, Zurich Feb. 2008.
- Group Show, at Gallery One x One, Dubai, Dec. 2007.
- Emerging India, a group show of young contemporary artists, organized by Art Alive Gallery, New Delhi & S. A. Fine Arts, London, at The Henry Moore Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, Aug. 2007
- Reading Paint, inaugural show at Soul Flower Gallery, Bangkok, April, 2007.
- ‘Waging Peace’ international Exhibition curated by Troy West and Claudia Flynn, Rhode Island, USA, Oct., 2006.
- Healing Nature restoring Balances Group show curated by Lina sunish, at gallery time and space. Bangalore sept 2016
- “POETICS OF PLURALITY” curetted show,at SITE Art Space, Baroda. 2016
- Curated show for Avani art initiative.titled Avani Art One at Calicut Dec 2016.
- White filed art festival , VR Bangalore 2016
- Annual Exhibition 2015, Art positive, New Delhi.
- Hotel Maria kapel korte Achterstraat 2a1621GAHoorn NL2015.
- Art fair Torino, Italy 2015.
- Art bengalooru.2015
- Clip board group show 2015.Durbar hall Kochi.
- THE 377191 WALL, Freedom to Express, Freedom to Choose, Gallery Beyond, Mumbai 400001
- M V DEVAN commemorative show at Durbar hall, Kochi organized by Keralakalapeetom.2015
- “Unmarked” curated group show, collateral project Kochi Muzires Biennale, 2014/15.
- Group show at Visual Art Gallery, organized by MEC Art Gallery, 2015.
- Evolve, group show of seven contemporary Indian artists, Dhoomimal Contemporary Art Gallery, Jan. 2015.
- Small Format group show, Gallery Sumukha, Nov 2014, Bangalore.
- “Accelerating The Depth Of Life”, Curated group show at Alliance Francaise De Delhi, Nov 2014.
- Reflected Reality. Group Show, Kalakruti, Art Gallery, Hydrabad, Oct. 2014.
- Convergence 2014 – An Exhibition of Modern and Contemporary Indian Art, organized by VAM Art Inc. Aug 2014.
- “Perspective on plurality” a group show at Creativity Art Gallery, New Delhi, 2013.
- Korea Photographic Art Fair, Seoul, Korea, 2013
- ‘When High and Low Art Meet’, at Lalith Kala Academy, New Delhi, organized by Art Alive Gallery, Nov 2013 and Art Alive Gallery, Gurgoan, Jan – 2014
- “Small is big”, Durbar Hall, Kochi, Oct. 2013.
- “After Raudra” – a group show at Visual Art Gallery, Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 2013 organised by Abheda Ganga Mayya trust, Haridwar.
- Summer show at Palette Art Gallery, New Delhi, 2013.
- Wavy banner festival – July to Oct 2013 ET4U, Contemporary Visual Art Projects, Denmark.
- Three man show, Gallery 545, Bangalore, 2012
- India Art Fair, Gallery Art Alive, 2012 New Delhi.
- I Am Here ,an experiment in curation,jaaga,Bangalore-2011
- Arushi arts new Delhi. Annual Show .. Take II 2011
- ‘Through My Paper Window’s Hole’ – a documentary film on endosulfan screened in Palakkad film festival 2011.
- ‘What Happens in Mukteshwar’, an exhibition of works by 16 artists. Curated by Johny ML, presented by gallery W+K Exp., Jan., 2011.
- “Surviving Sagas” group show of five artists.at Visual Art Centre, India Habitat Centre, presented by Ashna Art Gallery, Sept 1st , 2010.
- “Connective Delineations” – a group show FSCA Mumbai, Feb. 2009.
- Millennium Turks: Envisaging Contemporary India’, curated by Bhavna Kakar, Trident Hilton, New Delhi. 2008
- Generation Next, New Trends in Contemporary Indian Art, group show organized by Art Alive gallery, Visual Art Centre, New Delhi, Aug.,
- Summer show 2007, Gallery Espace, New Delhi, June, 2007
- Art for freedom, a rare London auction of leading Indian Artists, Asia House London, organised by Tehelka, June, 2007.
- Inaugural show, Gallery Kolkata, Kolkata, May, 2007.
- Waging peace, at Arts For Peace Gallery, New York, Jan. to March, 2007.
- Rock+music+art, Group show organized by Gallery Art Resource, Mumbai, Dec. 2006.
- Compensation for what has been lost, curated show at Travancore Art Gallery, Nov., 2006.
- Paper flute, Works on paper at Gallery Espace, curated by Johny L, Oct., 2006
- Three Persons Show at VIART Art Gallery, New Delhi, Oct., 2006
- Gandhi Satyagraha Centenary Exhibition, Travancore Art Gallery, New Delhi and Kizo Gallery, Durban, South Africa, curated by Jayaram Poduval, Sept., 2006.
- Real 2006, India Habitat centre, New Delhi, May 2006.
- The Second Coming – the Quotable Stencil – Part Two, curated by Himanshu Desai, Tao Art Gallery, Mumbai, 2005.
- Fly high my beloved birds -Tribute to Ashokan Poduval, Travancore Art Gallery, New Delhi, 2005.
- National Exhibition, New Delhi, organized by Central Lalitkala Academy.
Exhibitions from 1992 to 1997
- National Exhibition, Bangalore (organized by Central Lalitkala Academy),
- All India Art Biennale of Rajasthan, 1997.
- State exhibitions, Kerala State Lalitkala Academy, 1996-97.
- All India Exhibition, Birla Academy, Calcutta, 1996.
- Group Show, Rabindra Bhavan Art Gallery, New Delhi,.
- Eastern India Print Biennale, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa.
- Print Today, Bangalore, 1993.
- Five Young Artists from Santiniketan sponsored by Round Table 38, Birla Academy , Calcutta.
Workshops conducted and Camp Participations
- Lecture and Demonstration on Serigraphy at West Zone Cultural Centre, Udaipur, March 1998.
- Print Making Workshop conducted at Kanoria Centre for Arts, Ahmedabad, May 1997/98/99.
- Lithographic Workshop conducted at College of Fine Arts, Thrissur, February 1999
- Space ‘n’ space, Workshop conducted at CEPT, Ahmedabad, 1999.
- Lecture and demonstration on stage craft organized by THE HINDU Young world at Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi, May 2001
- Art Wear work shop and Fashion show conducted at NIFT, Bangalore, 2002
- Consulting Faculty School of architecture, CEPT university 1998 – 2001.
- consulting faculty school of interior design .CEPT university 1999/2000/2001
- Workshop on Art, 2005, IIT, Madras.
- Visiting Faculty Raja Ravi Varna Govt:Collage of Fine Arts, Mavelikkara, Kerala, 2010/2015
- Visiting Faculty, Govt. Collage of Fine Arts, Thripunithara, Kochi, Kerala, 2011
- Visiting Faculty Govt: Collage of Fine Arts, Thrissur, Kerala, 2012/2015
- Visiting Faculty NIFT Kannur, 2009 and 2013
- Art Camp Switzerland 2008
- Art camp, Singapore, Thailand and , Malyasia, 2008
- Art camp and exhibition Gallerie Christian Hosp, Triol, Austria, 2008.
- Professional Vist To London,2010
- Art Exhibition and Visit Dubai 2009/10
- Invitation to present own works and lecture part of ARTCHICAGO, Chicago and Cincinnati , USA , 2010.
- Artist in Residence, Australia India institute, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 2011.
- 2013 Art for Action, National Art camp at Gangotri – Noble initiative Clean Ganga Clean Himalaya Movement, Organized by Abheda Ganga Mayya Trust. Haridwar. Uttarakhand
- Art camp and visit to Leh and Ladakh organized by J&K police and cultural Ministry, 2015.
- Illustrated talk at Avani institute of design Kozhikode,feb 2016
- One day workshop on art and design environment At NIFT Chennai,july 2016
- One day workshop at Avani Institute of Design Kozhikode aug 2016.
- Curently working as professor, Dept of Architecture ,AVANI institute of Design,Kozhikode.
- Visualized and directed few plays including Tagore, Samuel Backets, and Badal Sarkar’s etc
- ‘Beyond the Vermillon Dreams’ an adaptation of Kumaranasan’s and Tagore’s text, performed at Natarani, Darpana Academy of Performing Arts, Ahmedabad.
- ‘Notes from hand kerchief’s end’ performed at National Human Right Conference, at M.R.A. Centre, Panchagani, Maharashtra.
- The ‘mud angel‘ performed at CEPT campus, Ahmedabad
- Widely traveled, taught art and design in, School of Architecture, CEPT & Kanoria centre Ahmedabad and NIFT, Chennai and Bangalore
- Major collections in India and abroad including Frank Cohen Collection
- Through My Paper Window’s Hole’ – a documentary film on endosulfan victims.